From William G. Cutler’s History of the State of Kansas, Wyandotte County, Part 20, it says:
Daniel Braman, farmer and merchant, Section 35, P. O. Braman Hill. Came to Kansas January 12, 1858. Located here, and has made this his home ever since. From 1867 to 1878, was in the colporteur work for the American Tract Society. His field was confined part of the time to Johnson, Wyandotte and Leavenworth Counties, but the remainder of the time was colporteur at large for the northern half of Kansas and border counties of Missouri. He then resumed farming and in connection with this has carried on a country store, dealing in general merchandise and country produce. He enlisted in Company G, Sixth Kansas Cavalry, and was mustered in at Leavenworth, in November, 1861. He did border service, scouting, hunting bushwhackers, etc., but was in several heavy engagements, such as Maysville, Ark., Prairie Grove, and Cane Hill, Mo., and many others. Was in active service until mustered out, November, 1864. He enlisted as a private, but was several times promoted, and was last commissioned as Second Lieutenant, which commission he held until his term of services expired. He was born in Waterford, New London Co., Conn., May 16, 1832. He is a son of Daniel S. and Mary L. Braman. He was educated in the public schools of Waterford. At the age of sixteen, he went to New London, and worked at the sail-maker’s trade seven or eight years. He also spent a short time in Brooklyn, N. Y., just prior to his removal to Kansas in 1858. He was married, in Waterford, Conn., September 11, 1853, to Sarah H. Moore, an intelligent and accomplished lady, a native of Connecticut, and a daughter of Enoch and Mary L. Moore. They have four children – Mary Eva, Ida Florine, Edward Everett and Dottie Lizette, and seldom are children blessed with such parents, both of whom exhibit Christian culture rarely to be found. They are consistent members of the Baptist Church. He was elected to the office of Treasurer of Quindaro Township in November, 1877, and has been re-elected each year since, and holds the office now. He was chosen Deacon of the Baptist Church, 9th of December, 1867, and has filled that office since that time.